Items that may be covered include:
- Diabetic shoes and inserts, if they are custom-fitted by a podiatrist. You must seek local Medicare Biller.
- Lift chair seat mechanisms (costs are reimbursed), if the lift chair is deemed medically necessary. We file Medicare Claims for Lift Chairs.
- All Walkers. We file Medicare claims for all Walkers.
- Manual Wheelchairs. Covered as capped rental, seek local supplier.
- Power wheelchairs. We file Medicare non-assigned, meaning you pay up front.
- Splints and other orthotic equipment. We provide Medicare billing.
- Powered scooters if the patient cannot operate a manual wheelchair but can safely use a powered vehicle and if the patient needs a wheelchair or scooter to get around. We file Medicare Claims for Scooters as non-assigned, meaning you pay up-front.
- Adjustable beds. Only Hospital Bed is covered.
- Bedside tables.
- Compression hosiery
- Ramps or lifts
- Most bathroom equipment (including shower chairs, raised toilet seats, etc).
Some capped rental items include:
- CPAP (Continuous positive airway pressure) machines
- Semi Electric hospital beds
- Manual wheelchairs
- Oxygen concentrators
- Manual/hydraulic patient lifts (not stand-up patient lifts)
- Mattress overlays
Find more Medicare Coverage information on our Medicare FAQ page.